2 Mar 2014

Quartier Latin / Cold dark streets


We haven't posted in 2 weeks now. It is unlike us, and we apologize for this. We have been extremely busy, luckily.

Today, we feature Eric's latest Cinematics. We have always demonstrated interest and style in the production of conceptual photography close to motion picture scenery ; our first target market being the music and movie businesses. Events, demand and work led us in other directions - so far -  and we are grateful for any opportunities to perform Photography. But we still thrive for creative productions and we think the performing of such disciplines enlightens our minds and contributes significantly to improving our capabilities as artist Photographers


Eric : the Quartier latin at night can be quite the subject if you focus on some very specific elements such as the old apartment buildings and residential alleys. On this particular night I wanted to capture these places in a 'filmic' style with some fantômesque pedestrians worried about the empty dark streets of a cold winter night. The wet streets, dirty snow and street lights all played well together to hand me the necessary ingredients. However, on that particular night, the white cloud dome over the city reflected Montreal's intense glow back into the lens fooling my cameras sensor into trying to interpret this gray mass - I hate carrying my heavy tripod. I am always freehand in street Photography - Hence, the necessary high ISO to shoot handheld in such low light produced an awful noise level in the brighter clouded skies. I liked the result of the ambiance and compositions, so I decided to mask the noise in the skies by filtering the tones and darkening the skies with Photoshop. I managed to achieve something very close to what my eyes had seen that night. I will replace my clumsy tripod by Photoshop anytime






Tous droits réservés - all rights reserved : FOTOISO3200/2014


No comments:

Post a Comment