17 May 2014

This is the Mile End



This is the Mile-End

The Mile-End district of the Plateau is Montreal's trendiest neighborhood. It is where you can find the most artists and entertainment economy workers.



It is also home to many foreign students and ethnic communities that are well established like the Orthodox Jews and Greeks, making for a solid economic activity





I lived in the Mile End for 5 years in the 90's. Back then the neighborhood was also dynamic and creative but it is even more so today, albeit the expensive real-estate. I loved going to Serano Rotisserie for their classic chicken sandwich and to Olympico Café for the best espresso in town




As for photography, you know me, I capture a lot of aged and tagged buildings, I like to show the history and the experience of the city. There are beautiful houses in side streets like De l'Esplanade, and heritage buildings like the magnificent Rialto Theatre (it is covered in scaffolding right now, being renovated). I am fond of spectacular scenes and alleys, for a reason I haven't quite identified yet. All I know is that this obsession has to do with cinematics and urbanity






Saint-Viateur street is the strip to not miss when you visit the Mile-End




No comments:

Post a Comment