30 Dec 2013

Eight S & Sa - Y2estuary (a new set)




In this eighth and last offering of 2013 to the estuary exhibit, I have focused on trying to improve my estuary art. I think by now the project has matured into a signature of digital art ; a two part signature - one from each side of the pond. Tom and I now have a clear singular style and both styles evolve at the same rate to come together on the estuary Zine. This is what makes this Zine significant in my opinion.

Those of you following this project will recognize my signature and possibly the new things I have applied in an effort to improve : absence of separators in some canvases ; insistence upon geometric and color relationship ; increased search for elaborate compositions regarding shapes and forms from each other's respective photographic works such as in frame 5 - http://convozine.com/estuary/37203 - of this series. This may all sound quite pretentious, but in the end, it is just a description of my creative process.

Frame 1 displays an above ground shot from the inside of the Montreal Congress hall which somewhat contravenes to the estuary concept. However, Montrealers will agree that the Palais des Congrès is part of the underground city as it is connected by three different tunnels to the underground network ; it is somewhat of an above ground forced passage in the network.


Tout droits réservés - All rights reserved : estuary/2013



No comments:

Post a Comment